Metro Shoes IPO, Which is one of the largest Indian footwear specialty retailers and is among the aspirational Indian brands in the footwear category is all set to make a debut on the stock market with an issue size of ₹1367.51cr.
Metro Shoes IPO Overview
|Metro Brands Limited Issue Date||10 December 2021|
|Metro Brands Limited IPO Opening Date||10 December 2021|
|Metro Brands Limited IPO Face Value||INR 5 per share|
|Metro Brands Limited IPO Price||INR 500 per share|
|Metro Brands Limited IPO Lot Size||30 Shares|
|Issue Size||1367.51 cr|
|Fresh Size||295 cr|
|Offer for sale||1,072.51 Cr|
|Issue Type||Book built Issue IPO|
|Listing At||BSE, NSE|
|QIB Shares Offered||Not more than 50% of the net offer|
|NII (HNI) Shares Offered||Not less than 15% of the offer|
|Retail Shares Offered||Not less than 35% of the offer|
|Company Promoters||Rafique A. Malik, Farah Malik Bhanji, Alisha Rafique Malik, Rafique Malik Family Trust And Aziza Malik Family Trust are the company promoters.|
Metro Shoes Limited IPO Tentative Dates
|Metro Brands Limited IPO opening date||10 December 2021|
|Metro Brands Limited IPO closing date||14 December 2021|
|Basis of Allotment||17 December 2021|
|Initiation of Refunds||20 December 2021|
|Credit of Shares to Demat||21 December 2021|
|Metro Brands Limited IPO Listing Date||22 December 2021|
Metro Shoes Limited Industry Overview
The Indian footwear market shifts in favor of economy, mid, and priced segments. The mass market price segment is expected to maintain a dominant share at 51% as of Fiscal 2025, but the growth rate is expected to be lower at approximately 6% to 6.5% CAGR between Fiscal 2020 and 2025. On the other hand, the other three segments are expected much better growth (approximately 11% to 12% CAGR for premium, approximately 11.5% to 12.5% CAGR for midsegments, and approximately 9% to 10% CAGR for economy segment) during the same period.
Compared to the total footwear industry’s growth rate of 8% to 8.5% CAGR between Fiscal 2020 and 2025, the economy, mid and premium sections are together expected to grow at a comparatively higher rate of 10% to 11 % CAGR during the same period. Increasing exposure to global fashion brands and trends and higher aspiration levels coupled with demographic factors are expected to galvanize this shift. Also, since the economy, mid and premium sections have a higher presence of organized players, the faster growth of these sections is expected to accelerate the growth of the organized segment in the footwear industry. Moreover, higher growth rates in the higher prices segments as compared to the mass segment will aid in an overall increase in average selling prices of the organized footwear segment in India.
Metro Shoes IPO Company Overview
They sell retail footwear under the brands of Metro, Mochi, Walkway, Da Vinchi, and J. Fontini, as well as certain third-party brands such as Crocs, Skechers, Clarks, Florsheim, and Fitflop, which complement the in-house brands. They believe these brands have a pan-India appeal across regions. They also offer accessories such as belts, bags, socks, masks, and wallets, at the stores. They also retail foot-care and shoe-care products at the stores through the joint venture, M.V. Shoe Care Private Limited, making us a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all footwear and related accessories to the customers.
Metro Shoes IPO-Objectives
- Expenditure for opening new stores of the Company, under the “Metro”, “Mochi”, “Walkway” and “Crocs” brands.
- General corporate purposes.
Metro Brands Limited Financial Statements
Metro Shoes IPO Strengths
- One of India’s largest footwear retailers
- Wide range of brands and products
- Efficient operating model and asset-light business
- Presence across multiple formats and channels
- First choice for other national and international third-party brands
- Strong promoter background and an experienced management team
- Strong track record of growth and profitability
Metro Brands Limited IPO Weakness
- The company needs to keep an eye out and promptly identify any new trends or preferences of the customers and act on them immediately.
- The footfall could be affected by any negative perception of the people about the brand or the lack of awareness regarding the brand.
- The stores and warehouses operated by the company are leased and if the company fails to pay the owners or the costs increase beyond the company’s capacity to pay, it will materially affect the company’s business and operations.
Company Contact Information
Metro Brands Limited
401, Zillion, 4th Floor,
LBS Marg & CST Road Junction, Kurla (West),
Mumbai- 400 070, Maharashtra, India
Phone: + (91) 22 2654 7700
Metro Brands IPO Registrar
Link Intime India Private Ltd
Phone: +91-22-4918 6270